Tapas & Sherry
Gourmet Experience Day
Tapas & Sherry a match made in Andalucia.
A Tapas & Sherry Cooking experience day with La Rosilla is fabulous gourmet treat and is a perfect way to immerse yourself in true Andalucian flavours and history.
This hands-on, fun and informative day, takes you on a journey of tapas of all tastes with Sherry wines and Malaga wines of this abundant area that compliment each dish.
Sharing our passion of being a ‘Sherry Lover’ and part of the rennasiance sherry movement, this day celebrates, the slow-food, locally grown, movement.
Step off the beaten track, enjoy a day in the mountains, where ‘Foodies’ unite. Come, cook, eat, sip and share with friends around our table.
Sharing anecdotes, cultures, customs and in-depth knowledge on all things Andalucian especially food and drink.
Highlights and itinerary of the day.
- The day will start the day at La Rosilla at 11 am. Lynsey will be waiting to welcome you, with Coffee, fresh juice and, local sweet treats whilst taking in the view on the stunning terrace.
- Together we will create a great variety of tapas, alfresco and in the La Rosilla kitchen.
- We will taste local and home-grown ingredients, enjoy Olive Oil tastings.
- The tapas we create will be enjoyed alfresco weather permitting or by the log fire if need be. Each tapa will be paired perfectly with a Sherry or Malaga wine, and Sherry history and tastings will be given.
- Sobremesa – This Spanish ritual will be observed 😉 This is a time for relaxation and resting, coffees and puds will be offered, before your day ends.
The finer details ...
For Private groups only.
Min. 2 people / Max 12
- All ingredients.
- Tapas & home-made bread.
- Olive Oil and Sherry tastings.
- 5 Course tapas with sherry & Malaga wine.
- All refreshments.
2 People : 125 € p.p
3-4 people : 115 € p.p
5 or more : 95 € p.p
Timings flexible to suit, average 11 am – 4pm
- Garbanzos & Espinacas
- Morcilla & Manzana
- Gambas pil-pil
- Tarta de Almendra
- Fino & Manzanila
- Pedro Ximénez & Malaga Dulce
We may be off the beaten track, but it’s worth the journey.
If you don’t have your own transport, No problem! Our local town of Colmenar has a direct bus route from the central bus station in Malaga. (Estacion de Autobuses) . The journey takes approx 45 minutes and is very economical at around 2€ each way per person. We can meet you in Colmenar and transfer you to and from La Rosilla. Alternatively, if you have you own transport, we can send you detailed directions from your location, so you can easily find us.