The Mediterranean Diet
Cooking class and Lifestyle
Gourmet Experience Day
The Mediterranean Diet.
A way of life.
When people think of the word ‘Diet’ they think strict regime, no luxury, minimal taste, a quick fix, The Mediterranean Diet is so not this, it is more than a healthy eating recommendation, it is a way of LIFE.
A way of eating and lifestyle that is sunshine on a plate, enriches the soul and celebrates, local, fresh, seasonal produce, cooked and prepared simply and enjoyed in a relaxed manor, with family and friends.
The Mediterranean Diet, is healthy, vibrant, delicious and nutritious. No food group is denied, wine is even recommended, (drunk responsibly of course) 😉 !
On this Cooking Class experience, you will be able to soak up the atmosphere and environment at our mountain home La Rosilla. We will create a delicious lunch together, learn the benefits of each ingredient and diet recommendations. We will enjoy your creations alfresco under the grapevine or around the cosy dining table by the fire in winter.
Your Host & Guide.
On this day you will be welcomed and hosted for your Cooking Class and Lifestyle day by Lynsey, owner, and creator of La Rosilla and passionate ‘Foodie’. Lynsey will share her in-depth knowledge of local cuisine, ingredients, healthy lifestyle and Mediterranean Diet, customs and folklore.
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine
The Mediterranean Diet has received a UNESCO Intangible Heritage designation.
Highlights and itinerary of the day.
- We will start The Mediterranean Diet Cooking Class at La Rosilla at a time to suit you. Fresh ground coffee or herbal tea, fresh squeezed juice and sweet treat will be offered whilst your day will be explained to you, along with the history and customs, gastronomy of Colmenar the Montes de Malaga and the Axarquia.
- Your culinary adventure awaits, learning, indulging and creating together with your private group, cooking alfresco and in the La Rosilla kitchen. We will make together a four course lunch, all based around The Mediterranean Diet philosophy.
- During the day, we will have tapas , taste local ingredients, create traditional seasonal dishes, sip and try wines, along with home-grown olive oils.
- The dishes we create will be enjoyed Spanish style as a long leisurely lunch, alfresco on the grapevine-covered terrace, weather permitting, taking in te views to die for, or during winter months in front of a roaring fire in our country kitchen. It get’s frio in Spain too, especially in the mountains.
- After Mint Teas and sobremesa, we will say ‘Hasta Luego‘, recipes and information pack will be forward by email
The finer details ...
Price includes :
For Private groups only. Min. 2 people / 8
- All ingredients.
- Olive Oil Tastings.
- 4 Course lunch with wine.
- Emailed Recipes.
2 People : 150 € p.p
3-4 people : 120 € p.p
5 or more : 105 € p.p
average 11.30am – 3.30pm
What other guests have said:
A food connoisseurs dream and suitable for all ages. this tour was the highlight of my time spent in Andalucia. There were many things to see and experience that a typical tourist would miss out on .
What other guests have said:
We planned to have a different day except just hang on beaches and then chose the Spanish cooking lecture with Lynsey at the fantastic La Rosilla. Beautiful view of dozens of mountains, cozy living room started with welcome coffee, followed by Lynsey’s Tapas and ending with quality dessert, combined with sunshine and sound of science. Thank you so very much for the quality day, the owner and creator of La Rosilla. She has kind heart and very easy to get along with. I give my recommendations.
We may be off the beaten track, but it’s worth the journey.
You will need a car to reach La Rosilla. We will send detailed directions after booking.
There is a bus from Malaga and return to our local town of Colmenar, we can arrange taxi transfers for you from Colmenar if needed up-to 4 people.
Alternatively we can recommend transfer or taxis for your group from your destination.
If you don’t have transport please inform us at time of booking, these things in rural Spain take time to arrange.