Explore, taste, sip, cook, create and RELAX !
A cooking and culture day with La Rosilla is truly a gourmet experience and is a perfect way, to get the taste for rural Spain and life in the mountains. You will have the chance to a ‘Hands on’ day cooking traditional dishes, whilst soaking up the sights and sounds of the breathtaking Montes de Malaga and life from a bygone era.
Based around gourmet delights, this day is a must for any ‘Foodie’ or any intrepid traveler who would like to embrace something new, who loves cooking, eating, making new friends and stepping off the beaten track.
Your Host & Guide.
Highlights and itinerary of the day.
- We will start the day after meeting Lynsey in Colmenar, where you will have traditional Spanish breakfast, Café, Zumo Y Pitufo Catalana in a delightful local hotel. Whilst enjoying breakfast your day will be explained to you, along with the history and customs of Colmenar the Montes de Malaga and the Axarquia.
- We will have a short walking tour of Colmenar, to observe the local day to day life of this typical rural town.
- We will then drive into the ‘Campo’ (countryside) driving through the mountains. We will enjoy stunning scenery and distant views of the Sierra Nevada and sea. After a 10 minute drive through the olive and almond groves we will arrive at La Rosilla rustic, traditional Spanish
- Your culinary adventure awaits, learning, indulging and creating together with your private group, cooking alfresco and in the La Rosilla kitchen.
- During the day, we will have
tapas ,taste local ingredients, create traditional seasonal dishes, sip and try wines and learn the history of sherry, along with home-grown olive oils.
- The dishes we create will be enjoyed Spanish style as a long leisurely lunch, alfresco on the grapevine-covered terrace, weather permitting, taking in te views to die fo, or during winter months in front of a roaring fire in our country kitchen. It get’s
frioin Spain too, especially in the mountains.
- After coffees and
sobremesa, you will be escorted back to Colmenar, giving you time to browse and travel to your onwards journey.
The finer details ...
Price includes :
For Private groups only. Min. 2 people / Max 12
- Transfers to and from Colmenar.
- All ingredients.
- Olive Oil and Sherry tastings.
- 4 Course lunch with wine.
- Recipes to take home.
2 People : 125 € p.p
3-4 people : 115 € p.p
5 or more : 95 € p.p
Timings flexible to suit, average 10.30 – 4pm
What other guests have said:
A food connoisseurs dream and suitable for all ages. this tour was the highlight of my time spent in Andalucia. There were many things to see and experience that a typical tourist would miss out on .Justine
We may be off the beaten track, but it’s worth the journey.
If you don’t have your own transport, No problem! Our local town of Colmenar has a direct bus route from the central bus station in Malaga. (Estacion de Autobuses) . The journey takes approx 45 minutes and is very economical at around 2€ each way per person. We can meet you in Colmenar and transfer you to and from La Rosilla. Alternatively, if you have you own transport, we can send you detailed directions from your location, so you can easily find us.