La Rosilla Catering
Can offer you a wonderful array of inventive tapas, presented beautifully to wow even the most discerning guests & palates
The word “tapas” is derived from the Spanish verb tapar, “to cover”.
Legends suggest that the tapas tradition evolved when King Alfonso X drank and ate himself to health after illness by drinking wine with small dishes between meals. After his recovery, the king declared that all tavernas would not be allowed to serve wine to customers unless it was accompanied by a small snack or “tapa”. This wonderful tradition is still alive and kicking in the Province of Granada today.
Originally drinkers would cover their wine & sherries with their slices of bread or meat like chorizo, to prevent fruit flies from entering their glasses in between sips.
Tapas are an ideal party food, allowing people not to have to stop their festivities , but to stand, chat, sip & eat.
La Rosilla – Tapas Menu
- Morcilla & Apple skewer with Cane honey dressing.
- Beetroot Gazpacho Shot.
- Quails Egg & Allioli Bruchetta.
- Goats Cheese & Caramelised onion bite.
- Smoked Salmon on Rye – with Dill salsa.
- Smoked Mackerel pate on Endive.
- Cured Cheese & Membrillo.
- Chicken & Dipping Satay
- Sun-dried Tomato, Camembert Tart
- Filo cream Cheese, Spinach, Walnut & Sultana Parcels.
- Chorizo, Piquillo Pepper bruchetta.
- Bacon wrapped, stuffed prunes.
- Mini Prawn & Mango cocktails.
- Pesto Palmiers
- Courgette & Feta Fritatta
- Baked stuffed Mussells
Prices start From 12 eu p.p for 5 Tapas.
Waiter service can be included.
Tailor made quotes available on request.Please contact us here.