This home made recipes is excellent for those following a detox diet, but also a very healthy option for a tasty everyday meal or main curry dish.
Potato and Cauliflower Curry
- 2 Medium Potatoes – peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1/2 Cauli – broken into florets
- 1 Onion – chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves – crushed
- 1 Green pepper – de-seeded and chopped
- 1 Tomato – roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Curry powder / Garam masala
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 300g carton of Tomato passata / triturado
Extra 2 serve – Fresh Coriander &Low Fat Natural Yoghurt.
Place the pots, cauli and half the onion in a pan with the turmeric. Add enough water just to cover, bring to boil and cook for 12-15 mins, or until just tender. Drain and return to pan.
Meanwhile, spray a pan with a little olive oil / fry light, and fry onion with garlic, curry and cumin powder for 5 mins, on low heat till soft but not browned.
Add green pepper and passata bring to boil, then simmer for 5 mins.
Add potato and cauli mix, to the pan along with chopped tomato, heat through.
Served drizzled with yoghurt and fresh coriander, or dairy free, sprinkle with grate zest of lemon.
Fancy learning some new Homemade recipes, why not visit La Rosilla for my fabulously tasty Cooking Classes